Activities

Events that occur on a daily basis. Interactions that would be considered the norm and how they are able to shape our perception of the world and people. People come not only in all shapes and sizes but they are all unique in their own way. The impression we may have of a person also may determines how we may view race, religion and even ourselves. I will talk about something that has effected me and that has left a lasting effect on me.

Sunday, September 7, 2014

Starbucks: Just a hype

  I don't go to Starbucks that often but when I do there is always one key ingredient that is lacking which is customer service. My latest visit left a bitter taste in my mouth. It was on Friday, September 5th 2014 early in the morning at 9:15 am my check number was 715173. This was Starbucks Store#7497 located  in New York City. I was standing in line which consisted of ten people and was pretty slow. When the cashier said next I walked up to the register and behold she tells me to wait further since the other customer wasn't properly charged which would make her cash register short. So I waited at the cash register and while I was waiting the second register opened, that cashier just ignored me while taking another customer. Before I knew it two customers behind me had gone ahead of me while the first cashier still couldn't figure out how much change she had to give to her prior customer.
    At this point and time I was beyond angry. I felt like I was owed an apology. I heaved a heavy sigh and the first cashier noticed which made her smile. When she called me back at this point and time two people had received their orders ahead of me even though they were behind me in line. When I finally got to the register I asked if this was a regular thing in this particular Starbucks, that cashiers don't charge the proper amount and make the next person wait while they could have gone to the next register thereby avoiding being skipped by other people in line behind them? She just give me a nasty look and didn't respond or even apologize. When she gave me my change she just started talking rudely to one of her coworkers behind her. Then the receipt printed and she ripped it off the register and just crushed it into a ball in front of my face. At this point I was beyond livid and told her I wanted my receipt. She told me to wait and while I waited another Starbucks employee came. She printed out the receipt and handed it to me. When she was done she want over to the cashier and asked what happened. In a loud voice the cashier said she was acting like a "bitch". Great to know that a customer and an inconvenienced customer at that is considered a "bitch" if they voice  a complaint.
      At this point the two Starbucks employees noticed that I was starring at them and not with a happy look. The employee who gave me a receipt told me to walk down to the pickup area even though normally you get any food, which I had an order of the Spinach Breakfast wrap and an old fashioned Doughnut, right away at the register. When I got there I had determined that I had to speak to the manager even though I was pressed for time and I had to get to work. I asked for the manager and the Starbucks employee that had given me the receipt told me she was the manager, which was hard for me to believe since here name tag only mentioned her name, which was Remy. I told her that I didn't like the way that I was treated by the cashier who didn't even have a name tag on. For the inconvenience I just received a bad attitude and two customers behind me had already left the store receiving their orders before me. I should have received an apology for my inconvenience but I receive nothing. This so called "manager" apologized but it was inadvertently only offered when I verbally complained. Not once did this person approach me during the whole debacle of the incident. I would have never known that she was the manager and I frankly suspect that she was pretending to be so that the really manager wouldn't know of the complaint. The fact that the cashier didn't want to give me the receipt made me believe that she didn't want me to complain about her or have it found that she was the one doing the transaction.
    In the past getting a receipt would mean getting an attitude from the cashier. I personally prefer receipts since in this time and age identity theft is rampant. I like to reconcile my transactions to make sure I wasn't charged multiple times by the vendor. At the same time when I am not offered a receipt, which is often in Starbucks even though it prints, I am given a nasty attitude overall like I am a cheap individual for even caring how much I spend. Regardless of the location the attitude is apparent in all of them when I ask for a receipt which is my right as a customer.
    So I spent $6.00 on breakfast at Starbucks when their competitors cost half of that amount. It was so aggravating  and the customer service was poorer then what I would have received from the Dunkin Donuts or even a grocery store. Their tall lattes cost $5 and they try to come across as a brand of sophistication which includes bad customer service and cursing paying customers. 
   The conclusion I will never waste my money at this sorry excuse of a wannabe chic sophistication ever again. Not even will I step in for my birthday free gift that is how negatively this experience impacted me.  
    

No comments:

Post a Comment