Activities

Events that occur on a daily basis. Interactions that would be considered the norm and how they are able to shape our perception of the world and people. People come not only in all shapes and sizes but they are all unique in their own way. The impression we may have of a person also may determines how we may view race, religion and even ourselves. I will talk about something that has effected me and that has left a lasting effect on me.

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Friendship

This poem is for all the people that understand the value of friendship

You've got the gift
to thaw the thinnest ice.

My heart was like this
the day we met,
Somehow you past
all my defense.

In the end
you proved it true,
That friendship can come through.
Can bloom like the prettiest roses
Can make you sigh with bliss.

No one understood,
The way I felt
You were the first to comprehend.

The gift you gave me is most dear,
Then any jewelry
That one can possess.

You gave me kindness
where I felt pain
You gave me hope
When I felt dumped
You gave me wisdom
Where I felt foolish
You GAVE more then anyone!

Unlike the people who'd known me since birth.
Ignored and neglected me like dirt.

You always be
the one to give me hope, joy and encouragement.
Until the end of time
in this world of mine.

I give you the utmost thanks
For accepting my faults and folly's
For being my sturdy rock in times of sorrow.
For being someone special.

For giving a special significance
to the word "friend".

1 comment:

  1. This is such a good poem. I love this one. It shows that you can convey different moods as a poet.

    ReplyDelete