Activities

Events that occur on a daily basis. Interactions that would be considered the norm and how they are able to shape our perception of the world and people. People come not only in all shapes and sizes but they are all unique in their own way. The impression we may have of a person also may determines how we may view race, religion and even ourselves. I will talk about something that has effected me and that has left a lasting effect on me.

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

TRUTH VS LIE

When I spoke the Truth it was a lie.
When I lied you believed me.

Why is that the case ?
Why cant you see the really me?
Why do I feel like I am in a glass case?
Screaming to be heard.........
When will the glass crack?
When will all of the restraints of life be gone and released?

Why do we love someone who controls every waking moment,
DREAMS?

Being with you, is to lose my dreams.
I fought many battles to be myself,
I cant sacrifice the ultimate prize,
the prize of being FREE

My spirit deserves to be free,
To be accepted for who I am,
For life is to short to settle.
For settling is for those who are afraid to live!

I have fought battles with strangers,
FAMILY AND FRIENDS
To be with you,
The sacrifice though shouldn't include losing myself,
as an entity, as a woman, as a scholar.

No comments:

Post a Comment